Site of Marquis Restaurant
Located at No.37, Guangxi Road, Shinan District, Qingdao, the building was built in 1899 in the style of German castle architecture in the 19th century. It covers a land area of 1,398 m2 and a floorage of 1,474 m2, with the façade in asymmetrical layout and a round turret at the southwest corner. The turret integrates with the south and west facades, and its obtrusive dome shrinks gradually as increasing and erects towards the sky like a needle tip. After the Chinese Government recovered Qingdao in 1922, the building served as Qingdao No.1 District Police Station; after the liberation, as the office building of Qingdao Municipal Public Security Bureau Shinan District Branch. It was listed into key national protected units of cultural relics in 2006 as one of the German architectural complexes in Qingdao.