Site of German Governor’s Official Residence
Located at No. 26, Longjiang Road, the south foot of Signal Hill, Shinan District, Qingdao, the Site was the official residence for German Jiao’ao Governor, also called as “Governor’s Building”. It covers a land area of 86,000 m2, with a floorage of 4,083 m2. The Site is a four-storey large residence of garden style, with the asymmetrical façade, the large demoiselles walls, and the multivariant roofing design, featuring the German medieval rurality. The interior decorations are deluxe and delicate, with German furnishings such as the grand piano, the grandfather clock, the rifle cabinet and the redwood beds reserved so far. It was renamed as Guest House in 1934, listed into provincial-level protected units of cultural relics in 1992 and into key national ones in 1996 and formally opened in 1999.